2014 has been quite the year. Mostly a good year, full of reminders that I will never stop learning, no matter how old I am. I hope.
If I could go back in time and tell 2013 Jessica a few things, here’s what I would say:
1. Working hard seems to make you happy. Maybe the stoics were right after all?
2. Aged six is a wonderful stage and you wish it would never end, but of course it does.
3. Chai Tea Lattes will become essential to your day.
4. You will fall in love with tea. Especially peppermint tea.
5. Reading Harry Potter to the twins will always feel like a dream come true, and it will never get old.
6. You will spend hundreds of hours of time scraped away from other pressures to create something for someone else, only to watch them burn it down to the ground and then, most unjustly, weep over the ashes. But: you don’t have to accept this treatment.
7. You will be humbled by the wonderful people who are in your life. Work hard to treasure them and make them feel appreciated.
8. You will need to work more on being proactive.
9. The scales will fall from your eyes about social justice issues. Just listen.
10. That ramen bowl you order on a whim in September? That tastes “off”? Don’t eat it.
What would you tell your 2013 self if you could go back in time?
Hope you all had a great year, full of learning and joy! Also – super random question. Does anyone use Stitch Fix, and if so, do you like it? I am thinking about trying it out.